Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Glitter Pumps




I have been wanting a pair of gold glitter pumps for a while but couldn't justify spending 75+ dollars on a pair of shoes that I would only wear occasionally (not that money has ever really stopped me before from buying shoes). Therefore, when I came across a do it yourself for a pair of glitter ballet flats I instantly became excited. I could finally have the shoes I have been coveting with out the big price tag.

I already had an old pair of black pumps that while still in good shape weren't particularly nice enough to wear out. 
Before
After

The sorority house that I lived by last year trashed tons of crafts stuff in August and being my mother's daughter I of course had to investigate. I ended up with some great stamps, fabric paint, spray paint and lots of glitter. Now I have a use for it!

The only other things I needed was some hodge pog, a sponge to apply the glitter and some clear glaze to set everything in place!

Here are the step by step instructions on how to make these shoes:  http://www.wearenotmartha.com/2010/12/make-your-own-glitter-flats/





















These turned out awesome so I decided to make a matching clutch for them as well! I cannot wait until New Years Eve to wear them out!!



No comments:

Post a Comment