Monday, January 23, 2012

Granny Square Scarf



It is a well known fact that I have a scarf problem (along with a show, book, jacket and clothing in general problem). I love scarves in every size, shape and color.  Yet, oddly enough I have never actually crocheted a scarf...I guess that is what happens when you are busy making blankets for everyone.

This lack of crocheted scarves is why I decided that my next project would be...you guessed it a scarf. But what kind of scarf should I make?

The Answer:
Granny Squares. I love them. They are simple, quick and always look great.

But in an attempt to mix it up a little bit and expand my crochet skills I wanted to do some variation on the basic granny. So I googled granny square scarf and came across this website for a granny rectangle. http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2008/11/granny-scarf-c.html

 And yes I know that technically all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares but I digress.

I used my go to yarn Caron Simply Soft in a red and black. I also made the scarf several inches longer than the original pattern.

 My lovely model is my good friend, Julia and I also gave her the scarf for her 18th Birthday!!

Overall, I am very happy with the finished product and I think Julia is too :)


PS. Sorry I didn't take a close up picture but I completely forgot until it was too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment