Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Brownies and Cookies and Cream... Oh My!

A couple of weeks ago I came across a picture of these amazing looking brownies on Pinterest
I have been craving these brownies ever since. On my night off I decided that I NEEDED to make them. However, the link to the original recipe wasn't working. After looking at a couple of different versions, I combined them to come up with my own version.







Ingredients

Brownie Mix (what can I say I'm lazy)
Oreos ( I used double stuffed)
Cream Cheese Frosting (once again I bought this but you could easily make it yourself)
Muffin Tins











Instructions:
1. Make the brownie batter according to the instruction on the box.




2. Crush about 1/2 of the package of Oreos. Originally, I tried putting the cookies in a ziplock bag and smashing them with a rolling pin but that didn't work to well. I threw the cookies into the slap chop instead and got perfect crumbs!


3. Combine cookie crumbs with brownie batter.

4. Pour batter into well greased muffin tins filling them about 3/4 of the way.

5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until done.





6. If you want to top the brownies with half Oreos cut them now. I cut a bunch and used the best looking ones as toppers. Crush the not so pretty ones to use for the  frosting.

7. Crush the rest of the Oreos not used as toppers and combine with the frosting.

8. Once the brownies have cooled generously frost the brownies.

9.Place half an Oreo on top.

10. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment