Monday, February 6, 2012

Snow Day!!!!

Sorry that I look slightly crazy in this picture. I hate taking ones of myself.
Anyone want to model my stuff?
Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Boulder were very snowy days; as in 20+ inches of snow. On days like these there is simply nothing better than curling up by the fire, drinking hot coco with Kahlua and watching movies. Since I don't really like just sitting I thought I would make a snow day project, something quick and easy. I started making a headband but for some reason I just wasn't in love with the pattern I was using, so, I created my own. I am currently in love with the texture of basket weave (I am working on a purse using it) and decided that is what my head band would be. Now I have a cute and functional headband!







Materials: 


Carron Simply Soft Worsted weight Yarn
J hook (although I think I might actually use a smaller hook next time)

Special Stitches :

Front Post Double Crochet
Back Post Double Crochet

Pattern:  
Chain 57, join with slip stitch to from a ring

Row 1: Chain 2, HDC in  each chain join with slip stitch in Chain 2,

Row 2-4: Chain 2, *FP dc in first 3 HDC, BP dc in next 3 stitches, repeat from * until you reach the end. Join with slipstitch in chain 2,

Row: 5-7: Chain 2: *BP dc in first three stitches, FP dc in next three stitches repeat from * until you reach end.

Row 8: Chain 2 Hdc in each stitch until end, join with slip stitch, fasten off and weave in ends.


Voila. A warm and stylish head band.




A few notes:

You can change the size of the headband by decreasing or increasing you original chain (just make sure that it is a multiple of three)

This is my first written pattern, so please let me know how things go.

This pattern is also untested, please let me know if there are any mistakes.












Kingston gets cold ears too! And looks much better in it than I do

No comments:

Post a Comment