Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer fun



So it has kind of been a crazy, busy, amazing summer so far. I have been able to cross a few things off of my summer bucket list and do some fun crafts and still be able to work. I just got back into town after spending the weekend in Montrose. I always enjoy going home but this trip was particularly special thanks to my friend Amber's wedding. So, I am kind of horrible at keeping in contact with people. I don't particularly like to talk on the phone or email (although I do like to write letters) therefore I do most of my catching up when I see people. Boy did I get to do a lot of catching up this weekend. Most of the people at the wedding I had not seen in years. I jokingly called this our five year high school reunion and it seemed very appropriate. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was fun as well as the after party :) Here are a few pictures of the reception taken by one of the bridesmaids Vanessa Perez.





It's really hard to see but I loved these centerpieces. They had beads and rings hanging from clear thread. Very simple and elegant. 






For the wedding gift, I did my traditional crocheted afghan. FYI if you are getting married and I'm coming to your wedding you can probably assume you will be getting one too. I found this wonderful pattern from Hookaholic. Here is the link to their Etsy Shop and also the pattern page on Ravelry. This was the first time I used a pattern that had a diagram. After a few problems and miscounting, I found the project to be pretty easy. Sorry about the not spectacular pictures. I finished the blanket about 2 hours before the wedding which meant I was slightly in a rush.




So in case you are wondering what else I have been up to this summer here are a few things I've been doing.



Yves Saint Laurent Exhibit at the Denver Art Museum




Working the runway
Our own fashion show at the Museum



Rockies Game 

It was hot, hot, hot!

Enjoying a puppy latte after the vet. He was such a good boy.


I will be flying to Arizona on Wednesday to visit my mom, brother and most importantly niece so expect lots of photos from that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment