Tuesday, February 14, 2012

¡Feliz Día de San Valentín!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!

I hope you are all able to spend some quality time with those you love, whether it is friends, family or a significant other.

Unlike a lot of single girls I know, I don't have any problem with Valentine's Day. While it would be nice to have someone special to spend my day with I won't let that get me down. I try to make a point of spending it with my friends or family. This year since I have to work in the evening, my roommate and I had a mini-mexican celebration the night before. We ate burritos, drank margaritas and watched Valentine's Day on Demand.

I am kind of known for making pretty darn good margaritas so I thought I would share it with you all. Even though I Bartend I don't have a set in stone recipe for this drink, unlike the ones I make at work. I kind of do everything by eyeing it and taste but here is an attempt to quantify it.








For one Margarita

1.5 oz tequila
1 oz Margarita Mix
A large splash of frozen limeade
large scoop of ice













Blend all ingredients in blender. Coat rim of glass with salt or sugar (I prefer sugar). Serve with a lime.

Of course I never make one margarita at time but instead an entire blender full which is approximately 4 drinks. Like I said before this recipe is not set in stone, adjust it to your own taste, more tequila and margarita for a stronger, more sour taste or more limeade for a sweeter one.

I have also been working on a set of tea towels and I just finished the first one. It seems to tie in very well with the theme of the night.























Finally, I also made a few home made Valentines Day cards for a few friends. I pulled out some of my old Origami skills to make hears out of some scrapbook paper I've had for ages as well as some old playing cards.





No comments:

Post a Comment